I am fascinated by how certain behavior can spiral out of control and how this is reflected in the human brain. Current projects that I am working on are:
1) Neuroimaging study in disordered gambling and alcohol dependence
2) Neurostimulation as treatment for alcohol dependence
3) Meta-cognitions in compulsive behaviours
4) Neuroimaging study in patients with orexin deficiency investigating the role of orexin in food-related motivation
5) PET study investigating dopamine in disordered gambling
Hooray: We received a ABC-project grant to further studie meta-cognition in compulsive behaviours!
New published papers:
van Holst R.J., Sescousse G., Janssen L.K., Janssen M., Berry A.S., Jagust W.J. & Cools R., Increased striatal dopamine synthesis capacity in gambling addiction, Biological Psychiatry (2017), doi: 10.1016/j.biopsych.2017.06.010.